Can All Types of Acne Be Cured?
Some people may think that you just have to let acne run its course. This is not true, in this day and age there is a number of ways to treat acne and there is no type of acne that cannot be treated. Even though acne is thought of mostly as just a cosmetic disease that will not cause health problems, acne can be very damaging in other ways. Acne can cause problems for a person both physically and mentally. No one needs to go through their teenage or adult lives feeling embarrassed about being seen in public. There are a number of great acne products available to the public both non-prescription and prescription. Severe acne can also lead to scarring and make it difficult to completely overcome acne. Luckily in this day and age it is also possible to treat scarring to the point it is completely or almost entirely disappeared.
- Never pop, squeeze, or pick acne. Popping and squeezing pimples, whiteheads, blackheads, and cysts tends to make acne worse. All this does is make the acne last longer. This can make it difficult to see clearer skin no matter what treatment you are using. Trying to get rid of a pimple by popping or picking also can lead to scarring, which can be permanent.
- Avoid abrasive soap, facial scrub, toner, astringent, and masks. These can irritate the skin, and irritated skin is more likely to break out. Irritated skin also makes it more difficult to tolerate acne medication. A mild cleanser used twice a day to wash the skin is actually more effective for controlling acne and preventing breakouts.
- Do not scrub your skin clean. While scrubbing away oil and grime may seem like a good idea, scrubbing actually irritates acne-prone skin. Irritating the skin generally leads to breakouts.When washing the skin, use lukewarm (not hot) water and gently apply a mild cleanser with your fingertips. Washcloths and puffs tend to be too abrasive. Limiting washing to twice a day can help reduce irritation and dryness.
- Wait 5 to 15 minutes to apply acne medication. Applying acne medication right after you shower or wash your face can irritate the skin and lead to breakouts. Wet skin is most absorbent. To avoid irritation, dermatologists recommend waiting 5 to 15 minutes before applying acne medication.
- Use only oil-free skin care and hair care products. Makeup, hair gel, and other products used by people with acne-prone skin should not contain oil. Oil tends to clog pores and lead to breakouts. Look for products that are labeled “oil free,” “nonacnegenic,” or “noncomedogenic.” This means the product does not clog pores.
- Apply acne medication before makeup. Wearing an oil-free makeup is fine, but make sure it does not prevent the acne medication from working. Makeup should always be applied after topical acne medication.
- Continue using the medication when skin clears. To keep skin blemish free, most people with acne need to continue using at least 1 acne medication. If you have been using an over-the-counter product, you may be able to taper your use to a few times a week.
- Gently cleanse skin after sweating. Sweating, especially under a hat or helmet, can aggravate acne-prone skin. Gently cleansing the skin as quickly as possible afterwards can help prevent breakouts. When cleansing the skin, avoid the temptation to rub or scrub sweat from the skin. This can irritate the skin and cause breakouts.
- Give acne-fighting products enough time to work. As a rule of thumb, it takes 6 to 8 weeks before you begin to see an improvement. Improvement does not mean blemish-free skin, but a noticeable difference. It generally takes about 6 months to see completely clear skin.
Top Rated Acne Products
7 Day Acne Detox combine 41 acne fighting herbs, vitamins, minerals, with “superfoods”. The results are the Fastest Acne Reductiopn we have ever seen. Some users are reporting being 100% acne free after just ONE 7-Day Cycle. 7 Day Acne Detox was designed to treat your acne in one step! Users of 7 Day Acne Detox are experiencing dramatic results. 7 Day Acne Detox has been specifically formulated to:
- Help Heal and Prevent Breakouts
- Rid Blackheads once and for all
- Cleanse acne from inside-out
- And Work in 7 Days Guaranteed!
Acnetix is a popular revolutionary new treatment for acne. It is guaranteed to show results within 7 days. Acnetix is made with 35 natural ingredients - there are no harmful chemicals like benzol peroxide, mineral oil, and lanolin.
- Top Rated Acne Treatment by Experts and Consumers!
- Only $39.99 for a 4-Month Supply!
- Visible Results Within 72 Hours!
- 365 Day Money Back Guarantee (Includes S&H)
- 35 Organic Ingredients – NO Chemicals!