DUAC Topical Gel is a prescription combination product that is should be applied to troubled areas once per day. The product contains the harsh dual-action ingredients of clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide. This duo is part of a patented formula that is designed to minimize skin irritation. The company says the product is effective for anyone who suffers from acne regardless of age, race, or gender. Because the ingredient clindamycin is an antibiotic, DUAC is only available via a doctor’s prescription.
The “dynamic duo”
According to the company website, it is the “dynamic duo” of clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide that makes the product so great. Here is a look at what each is supposed to do:
* Clindamycin: An antibiotic that can supposedly kill up to 99 percent of the bacteria that helps the acne form. The company states that this ingredient will also help to reduce the redness and over time will help with your acne problem.
* Benzoyl Peroxide: Also said to kill bacteria and help to keep your face clear as it works in conjunction with the clindamycin.
Now you see what the company wants you to see, here are the drawbacks they don’t want you to see:
* Clindamycin: Should not be used in patients who are allergic to any of its ingredients or lincomycin, and in those with a history of Crohn´s disease, ulcerative colitis, or colitis caused by antibiotics. Colitis usually causes severe and continuing diarrhea and severe abdominal cramps. It may also cause blood and mucus in the bowel movements. Diarrhea, bloody diarrhea, and colitis have also been reported with clindamycin used on the skin. This information is on the website, just in very small print.
* Benzoyl Peroxide: In many cases, benzoyl peroxide has actually made the appearance of acne worse because it can and often does irritate the skin. In addition benzoyl peroxide can have a bleaching effect on the eyebrows and even clothing exposed to the benzoyl peroxide.
Consult your doctor and others as well
Because DUAC is only available via a doctor’s prescription, you will have to consult with your doctor to determine whether or not the product is right for you. But you should also take some time and research for yourself what others are saying about DUAC. A short search of the product online brought up a whole host of complaints from those that were using or had used DUAC. In many cases, individuals said that their acne got better for a couple of weeks, but then blew up like never before. It pays to do your homework.
First of all DUAC is only available by prescription only, so if you are looking for something you can get today, you are out of luck. Looking at the long and rather troubling list of possible side effects leads you to believe that the product may in fact do more harm than good. Even if the product totally clears up your acne, is it really worth it if you have bloody diarrhea as a result? With so many other acne products available today, many being all-natural, perhaps a product with two such harsh ingredients should just be left untried.
Top Rated Acne Products
7 Day Acne Detox combine 41 acne fighting herbs, vitamins, minerals, with “superfoods”. The results are the Fastest Acne Reductiopn we have ever seen. Some users are reporting being 100% acne free after just ONE 7-Day Cycle. 7 Day Acne Detox was designed to treat your acne in one step! Users of 7 Day Acne Detox are experiencing dramatic results. 7 Day Acne Detox has been specifically formulated to:
- Help Heal and Prevent Breakouts
- Rid Blackheads once and for all
- Cleanse acne from inside-out
- And Work in 7 Days Guaranteed!
Acnetix is a popular revolutionary new treatment for acne. It is guaranteed to show results within 7 days. Acnetix is made with 35 natural ingredients - there are no harmful chemicals like benzol peroxide, mineral oil, and lanolin.
- Top Rated Acne Treatment by Experts and Consumers!
- Only $39.99 for a 4-Month Supply!
- Visible Results Within 72 Hours!
- 365 Day Money Back Guarantee (Includes S&H)
- 35 Organic Ingredients – NO Chemicals!